This is a spacious and versatile hands-free bag to wear across your back or chest. It has a roomy interior main compartment for everyday gear or travel.
There’s a lining slip pocket that allows you to organize smaller items and card slots where you’ll be able to keep favorite cards in easy reach. There’s also a curved front exterior zipper pocket that is ideal for your phone and a back exterior zipper pocket secures your wallet, passport, and other important belongings.
The adjustable crossbody strap created from webbing includes detailed instructions for stitching a functional and decorative “X” square.
This is an intermediate-level pattern. Some experience with zippers and bag making is helpful.
11 ” high by 9″ wide by 3″ deep.
The designer has created a video tutorial showing you how to make her Meridian Sling Bag, that you can watch below:
- Fabric I: ½ yard of canvas or quilting cotton (this is the main, exterior fabric),
- Fabric II: 1 yard of quilting cotton or waterproof canvas (WPC) (this is the lining fabric),
- Fabric III: ¼ yard waxed canvas, cork, leather, or vinyl (this is exterior bottom and lower gusset),
- Omit interfacing if using waterproof canvas (WPC), waxed canvas, cork, vinyl, or leather,
- 2½ yards of 20″ woven interfacing (Pellon SF 101, or similar),
- ⅓ yard low loft Fusible Fleece (Pellon 987F or similar),
- ¼ yard of Ultra Firm Stabilizer (70F Pellon Peltex or similar),
- 54″ by 1½” webbing,
- 2½ yards of Double Fold ½” Bias Tape,
- One (1″) D-Ring,
- One (1½”) Swivel Hook,
- One (1½”) Slide,
- Two (9″) #3 – #5 zippers,
- One (18″) #4.5 – #5 zipper with double pulls,
- Stiletto Tool (optional),
- Two Double-Capped rivets (optional).
Detailed, step-by-step instructions are accompanied by photos and illustrations, as well as sew along tutorial videos. SVG files are included for use with a cutting machine (optional). Printable pattern templates are provided for all fabric and interfacing pieces. The cutting chart makes a handy project checklist, designating the fabrics, interfacing, and stabilizer for each pattern piece. The designer includes printable labels to keep your prepared fabric pieces organized while you sew. A team of twenty testers vetted this pattern, testing varied methods and interfacings, editing, revising, and clarifying – ensuring your successful outcome.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.