The McFly is the perfect backpack for a market, school, beach, or work. The pattern comes in two sizes: (regular) McFly and Mini McFly. The (regular) McFly is big enough to hold a small laptop, A4/letter-size files, books, and more. It has wide padded shoulder straps, to make it comfortable for whoever is wearing it. The Mini McFly is a perfect size, as it is not too big to carry around as a casual daily bag while it is just big enough to carry all your essentials!
Both McFly and Mini McFly are zippered top backpacks with adjustable straps, handle, and oval base. The front is shaped using large darts and features a zipper pocket so you can access your belongings quickly whenever you want. The exterior side pockets are perfect to keep a small bottle of drink or an umbrella. The roomy interior also features a zipper and slip pockets so you can stay organized.
The McFly Backpacks are the perfect backpack for adults, teenagers, and children!
Sizing info: Width by Height by Depth:
McFly backpack = 12¼” (31 cm) by 14″ (36 cm) by 6″ (15 cm).
Mini McFly backpack = 10″ (25 cm) by 12¼” (31 cm) by 5″ (13 cm).
The designer has included seven YouTube videos showing you how to make these wonderful backpacks. The seven videos can be viewed in one playlist by clicking on the play button below.
What you will need to make a regular-sized McFly Backpack:
- Note – you may need an additional amount of fabric with a directional print.
- Note – zippers must be measured between the zipper pull and the zipper stop. When using a continuous zipper cut it 2.5 cm – 5 cm (1” – 2”) longer.
- Note – fabric measurements are height by width,
- 36″ (90 cm) by 57″ (145 cm) external fabric: cotton canvas, faux leather, cork,
- 36″ (90 cm) by 57″ (145 cm) lining fabric: waterproof canvas, quilting cotton,
- 4″ (10 cm) by 14″ (35 cm) non-fraying fabric: cork, vinyl, leather,
- 18″ (45 cm) by 22″ (55 cm) stabilizer: Fast 2 Fuse Heavy, Bosal In-R-Form foam stabilizer, Pellon Peltex, Fusible Fleece, By Annie’s Soft and Stable, Decovil etc,
- 63″ (160 cm) by 57″ (145 cm) woven fusible interfacing: Stayflex, SF101, Wovenfuse, G700 etc,
- Two 1″ (2.5 cm) D -rings (Mini McFly),
- Two 1″ (2.5 cm) strap adjuster (Mini McFly),
- Two 1″ (2.5 cm) ladder lock sliders (McFly),
- 1″ (2.5 cm) Webbing 51″ (130 cm),
- One 21″ (52 cm) double pull #5 zipper,
- One 7″ (18 cm) #5 zipper,
- One 8″ (20 cm) #3 zipper 20 cm (8”),
- Double-sided tape,
- Nine rivets (optional),
- One metal tag (optional),
- One woven label (optional),
- Fray-check glue (optional),
- Multi-surface glue (optional).
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.