The Machine Bag is a perfect bag to keep your sewing machine dust free when not in use, or for if you want to take it for retreats and classes. It has a very sturdy base, bag feet and a mesh pocket inside.
The Machine Bag sewing pattern has been specially tested to ensure it’s suitable for a variety of machines. The testers found the bag sewing pattern clear to follow and all have put their bags to good use. The sewing pattern requires webbing which forms the short handles, and the lining features a mesh pocket.
Not only does The Machine Bag make an excellent sewing machine cover but you could also sew it as an overnight bag, a weekend bag, or a storage bag. For a more challenging sew, try using patchwork for the outer pieces or even applique, or embroidery.
The Machine Bag sewing pattern is classified as an intermediate level bag sewing pattern.
16.5″ W x 12.5″ H x 9″ D (42cm x 32cm x 23cm)
There’s a sew along for the Machine Bag from Titi of Patch & Mix Crafts on her YouTube channel. The sew along is split into two videos and you can view both below:
What materials do I need?
- 1 1/4 yd (1 m) Outer fabric,
- 1 1/4 yd (1 m) Lining Fabric,
- 20″ x 9″ (50.8 cm x 22.9 cm) Faux Leather for base,
- 1 1/4 yd (1 m) Foam Stabliser,
- 3/3/4 yd (3 m) of 40″ wide Medium weight interfacing (narrow may need more),
- 3 3/4 yd (3 m) of 1.5″ (3.8 cm) webbing,
- 41″ (104.5 cm) #5 Twin pull ‘type O’ Zip,
- 1 x FQ Mesh,
- 13 1/2″ (34.4 cm) Fold over elastic,
- 6 x bag feet with a 3/4″ (20 mm) shank,
- 16.5″ x 7 3/4″ (41.9 cm x 19.7 cm) Foam Core board.
The Machine Bag sewing pattern features easy-to-read comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text-only section to save on ink and paper costs.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.