Here’s the Liberty Shoulder Bag which is ready to be your everyday bag for the summertime! This bag has so many cool features, double exterior slip pockets (front and back of the bag), an interior slip pocket, and zippered pocket. The coolest feature is the connectors for the shoulder strap. It’s sewn on the exterior gusset and holds the shoulder strap like a belt under a belt loop. The bag is generously sized without being too large and I’ve even included info within the pattern so that it can be printed at 85% if you’d like it a bit smaller. It can be made from various fabric mediums such as quilting cotton, faux leather, vinyl, and cork fabric.
13″ wide by 12 3/4″ high by 3 1/2″ deep. The shoulder strap has a 12″ drop.
This pattern is for a Confident Beginner. You’ll need to know how to install zippers and sew curves. The only difficult part is choosing your materials appropriately.
YouTube training video showing you how to make the Liberty Shoulder Bag from the very entertaining Kassiah of SiahSwag.
Fabric & Woven Interfacing Requirements:
•Contrast – 1/2 yard – vinyl/faux leather, cork, waxed canvas, or waterproof canvas,
•Exterior – 2/3 yard – quilting cotton, linen, waxed canvas, or waterproof canvas,
•Lining – 1 yard – quilting cotton, waterproof canvas,
•Woven Interfacing (20″ wide • 45″ wide – adjust accordingly) – 3 1/4 yards • 1 2/3 yards – Pellon SF101, or similar,
•Stabilizer for the body of the bag – 3/4 yard – Foam, Pellon Thermolam Plus, Decovil Light, or something that will make the bag maintain its shape,
•Stabilizer for the Bag Base – 1/2 yard – Pellon Peltex or Decovil Heavy or similar.
Please note: If using anything thicker than quilting cotton, woven interfacing can be omitted. If you’re unsure, cut small swatches to test out your choices and adjust accordingly.
• Two – 1 1/2″ O-rings or two – 1 1/2″ Gate rings,
• One #5 (or 4.5) 11” commercially sourced zipper or continuous zipper (and 1 zipper pull),
• Two 18mm magnetic snaps,
• Eight rivets for handles and bag (thickness determined by your materials).
Optional But Recommended Supplies:
• fusible webbing or basting spray to attach the foam,
• hole punch for rivets,
• craft knife to cut slits for magnetic snaps.
The pattern includes:
• FULL Sized Pattern pieces (one exception is Zipper Pocket “B” is cut on the fold),
• a Cutting List (to use instead of the included rectangular pattern pieces – to save the trees!),
• colorful and clear diagrams for most steps,
• an A0 copy-shop file,
• a dedicated Projector file for use with projectors,
• Layers to conveniently print dual/multi-sized pieces,
• Labels to keep track of your cut pieces,
• Video for this pattern made by SiahSwag.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.