This cute little bag is so easy and so fast to sew, and makes an excellent beginner sewing project! No templates are needed for making this adorable Japanese Knot Bag. You can give this mini bag away as gifts with a little surprise tucked inside.
Finished measurements (approximate):
High = 5¼” (13.5 cm).
Wide = 4¾” (12 cm).
Depth = 3¼” (8 cm).
It’s a great beginner sewing project.
FREE video tutorial:
- One rectangle 15’’ by 8¾”’ (38 cm by 22 cm) from exterior fabric.*
- One rectangle 15’’ by 8¾” (38 cm by 22 cm) from lining fabric.*
- Two rectangles 8¾” by 5½” (22 cm by 14 cm) for straps.*
- One rectangle 15’’ by 8¾” (38 cm by 22 cm) from Non-woven fusible interfacing or Fusible fleece** (for exterior rectangle).
- Woven fusible interfacing – two rectangles 8¾” by 5½” (22 cm by 14 cm) for straps pieces.
- One metal snap or one sew-on magnetic snap closure***
*The designer suggests cotton fabric (like quilting cotton). Remember about directional prints when cutting. For straps, you can use contrast cotton fabric or cut from exterior or lining fabric.
**For small size use a thinner fusible fleece. Press to fuse the interfacing and fleece to the wrong side of all the needed details. NOTE! Following the manufacturer’s instructions on the interfacing.
***If you will attach the metal snap by hand, then follow the instructions on the package. Use the metal snap for the press if you have a press. If you want the outside of the bag to be clean, then use the sew-on magnetic snap.
All of the seam allowances are ⅜” (1 cm) unless otherwise noted.
The tutorial and pattern:
This sewing tutorial is totally FREE! Also, this pattern is available to buy as a set of two sizes in our shop by clicking HERE. The larger bag measures: Height – 8¼” (21 cm), Wide – 7¼” (18.5 cm), Depth – 4¾” (12 cm). These bags make a cute gift for any crocheter, knitter, or sewer!
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.