This stylish handbag is definitely arm candy! Take The Jangles Anchor Bag to the office or out and about every day.
- The Jangles Anchor Bag is a stylish and modern handbag, with a structured feel and plenty of bag bling! It’s perfect for tucking under your arm as you shop or while out with friends or family. With a zipped central divider, a zip pocket and slip pocket, it’s great for helping to organise all the things you need to carry with you. And the space between the zip bridge and the top of the bag is just the right size to carry a folded umbrella!
- The Jangles Anchor Bag sewing pattern is a great pattern for learning new bagmaking techniques. Not only will you use gorgeous hardware, you’ll also learn how to insert a zipped central divider and how to make closed end straps. The bag pattern also includes instructions for a zip pocket and a slip pocket, as well as instructions for an optional cross-body strap.
- This handbag sewing pattern is a great opportunity to experiment with how to use bag hardware to add bling, as it guides you through how to use zips as piping, and how to use the eye-catching Strap Anchors that help give this bag its structured feel. We recommend using hardware from Emmaline Bags with The Jangles Anchor Bag sewing pattern, as you may find other hardware challenging to install.
11″ W x 10″ H x 5″ D (28cm x 25cm x 12.5cm)
The Jangles Anchor Bag is an intermediate to advanced level sewing pattern.
What materials do I need?
- 1yd (0.9m) Outer,
- 1yd (0.9m) Lining,
- 36″ x 14″ (91cm x 36cm) Foam Stabiliser,
- 3yd (2.75m) Medium Weight Interfacing,
- 4 x Strap Anchors (Long John or Diamond) – we recommend using anchors from Emmaline Bags,
- 1 x 8″ (20cm) #3 Zip,
- 2 x 12″ (30.5cm) #5 Zip,
- 1 x Metal Zip End,
- 4 x 5/16″ (8mm) post Rivets for handles.
- 1 x 22″ (56cm) #5 Zip for Zip Piping, or 2 x 11″ (28cm) #5 Zips,
- 12 x 5/16″ (8mm) post Rivets for use with Long John Strap Anchors OR 16 x 5/16″ (8mm) post Rivets for use with Diamond Strap Anchors.
Optional Cross Body Strap:
- 60″ x 4″ (152cm x 10cm) Cross Body Strap Fabric,
- 2 x 1″ Swivel Clips,
- 1 x 1″ Triglide Ring,
- 2 x 1/2″ D-Ring.
- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces,
- Uses interesting hardware – strap anchors, rivets, and zips as piping,
- Includes a zipped central divider,
- Zip pocket and slip pocket,
- YouTube tutorial available for how to sew the internal zipped divider pocket,
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.