The Illusion Shoulder Bag is a practical, elegant, and eye-catching bag. With a touch of soft curves and slim lines, the design creates an illusion of a streamlined body – hence the name.
Accentuate with chunky metal hardware, the bag goes well with stylish office wear. Minus the hardware, and adding some pretty colors the bag will exude a softer, casual look suitable for women on the go.
So go ahead – choose your favorite materials, colors and style, and start making this classy bag – especially for you!
Ambitious beginner / Intermediate.
13 inches (32.5 cm) high by 11 inches (27.5 cm) wide at the top by 3 inches (7.5 cm) deep.
The designer has included two YouTube sewing tutorials with this pattern. The first one is 37 minutes long from Sew Be It Quilts and is a relaxing walk-through with no talking, that you can watch here:
And the second very detailed YouTube video tutorial is 2 hours and 55 minutes long from That’s Sew Nova that you can watch here:
- 3/4 of a yard of exterior (main) fabric/vinyl,
- 1/2 a yard of accent fabric,
- 1/2 a yard of lining fabric,
- 1 yard of Decovil Light OR medium fusible interfacing (for the exterior),
- 1 yard of interfacing OR foam stabilizer OR fusible fleece OR batting (for the lining),
- A piece 3″ by 11″ of Decovil Heavy or another thick interfacing (for the bottom panel of the exterior) OR 4″ by 12″ if using medium interfacing,
- Four Metal Strap ends – 1 inch (width),
- Eight rivets and tools (use any type of rivet you have),
- One Zipper end (optional ),
- One 13-inch zipper,
- One 10-inch zipper,
- One 9-inch zipper.
You will receive 26 pages of complete step-by-step tutorials, written instructions with illustrations and photos, extra info, and 10 pages of pattern tiles that need to be assembled. Seam allowances are included in the pattern.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.