The Henley Crossbody Purse is a fun sewing project for a stylish and practical purse that can be worn either on the shoulder or crossbody. It also has a cute little carry handle for that Easter Basket look that is so on trend this year!
Instructions are given for two sizes and for a fabric or leather strap – the choice is yours! The Bag can also be made in two different styles – leave out the exterior pockets for a more minimal contemporary look.
The method of construction is a little unusual and designed specifically for bags with an oval base. The bag is fully lined with no exposed seams, no pulling through, and better still, no binding is required!
Work from measurements or from the templates provided – the choice is yours!
- Instructions for two practical sizes – both are perfect for everyday use,
- Two style options – can be made with or without exterior pockets,
- Fully Lined – no exposed seams and no seam binding,
- Three exterior slip pockets,
- One internal zipper pocket for additional security,
- Easy fastening with either a leather drawstring cord OR a fabric cord and slider,
- Stylish carry handle that can be concealed within the bag when not in use,
- Clip-on adjustable strap (fabric or leather) for wearing the purse cross-body or on the shoulder.
Intermediate – some experience of bagmaking patterns and sewing layers of fabric is required.
Large Bag = 9.25″ long by 10.25″ high by 6.5″ wide.
Small Bag = 8″ long by 8.5″ high by 5.75″ wide.
Here’s Jess from OklaRoots showing you how to make the awesome Henley Crossbody Bucket Bag.
The pattern consists of twenty-five pages of details instructions with multiple photos throughout to guide you through the process.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.