This is a Japanese Market Tote Bag in two sizes (Maxi and Midi) Sewing Pattern with an easy step-by-step tutorial.
Heiho is a project for beginner sewers.
In about one hour you will create a useful and beautiful accessory, which will make the perfect handmade gift for your loved ones. With no lining, the bag is sewn together with a French seam, which you will learn before getting into the project.
The core of the bag is a square, which can be made of a special fabric to give the bag significance.
Basic machine sewing.
Sewing level: Easy beginners.
You’ll learn: How to sew with a French Seam.
Size Heiho Maxi: 45 cm x 45 cm (17 3/4” x 17 3/4”).
Size Heiho Midi: 30 cm x 30 cm (11.8” x 11.8”).
- Heiho Maxi cotton, canvas cotton, denim, any non-stretchy fabric you have at your disposal should work. Core Central Square: 30cm (12”) x 30cm (12”) total fabric needed: around 150cm (59”) x 80cm (31.5”),
- Heiho Midi: cotton, canvas cotton, denim, any non-stretchy fabric you have at your disposal should work. Core Central Square: 22cm (9”) x 22cm (9”) total fabric needed: around 110cm (43.5”) x 80cm (31.5”),
- Matching thread.
Together with the actual pattern, you will have illustrated step-by-step instructions from cutting your fabric to your finished product.
You will download two 24 pages of PDFs:
– Heiko Sewing Pattern in A4.
– Heiko Sewing Pattern in US Letter.
Included in the package:
– Instructions on how to sew with a French Seam.
– Printable Heiko Tote Bag template parts with seam allowance included.
– Step-by-step instructions with photos.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.