There is something essentially romantic about a retro dilly bag for the beach. This one is not overly large – it doesn’t fit a huge towel in but it is perfectly sized for the essentials – a drink, sunscreen, and a good read. It has room for a cover-up too and other things which make the beach a happy place. Not going to the beach? Doesn’t matter, feel like on a tropical island and take this one shopping! It has a drawstring cord that turns it into a shoulder bag and some handy pockets allow for the needs of a shopping trip.
- A drawstring cord closure with a leather or vegan leather stop,
- There are eyelets around the top edge,
- Inside you will find two-lined slip pockets,
- The front features a zipper box pocket,
- (The pattern includes detailed tips on how to sew the zipper box pockets and the lined slip pockets).
15” high by 10” base diameter.
Confident beginner onwards.
Quilting weight cotton, denim, canvas, furnishing fabrics, linen, needlecord.
- ½ yard of bright printed canvas for the outer,
- ¾ yard of coordinating cotton for the lining,
- ¾ yard of style-vil foam interfacing (Vlieseline),
- One fat 8th S320 fusible interfacing for the internal pockets (Vlieseline),
- One 6” metal zipper for the outer. Don’t forget to match the teeth to your eyelet color,
- Eleven 14mm gold eyelets,
- A scrap of leather or vegan leather 5” by 10”,
- 2 ½ yards of 6mm hemp rope or similar cord,
- Coordinating threads for all fabrics and trims,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This is a measure and cut pattern which means that you don’t have any templates (pattern pieces) to print off and match up- Yay! You need a rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat, and you can cut the pattern pieces straight from the fabric. This is easier than it sounds because the pieces are all simple squares and rectangles. You can transfer the cutting measurements to paper to create your own paper template/pattern piece if you prefer to use them.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.