Are you heading out on an adventure? The Dainty Daytripper bag is perfect for those times when you’re not sure whether you’ll need your hands or not, as it easily converts from a backpack to a crossbody bag just by lengthening the straps.
The Dainty Daytripper is a multipurpose bag designed for adventure! Wear it as a backpack, if you need to keep your hands free, or lengthen the straps and use The Dainty Daytripper as a crossbody or shoulder bag.
The Dainty Daytripper is a beautifully bling-y bag, making good use of bag hardware. As well as the bag frame, the sewing pattern also calls for diamond strap anchors and rivets.
The front pocket of The Dainty Daytripper is the perfect size to show off fabric panels or for some embroidery. This bag has a zipped pocket and a hidden pocket on the front, as well as a zip pocket and a slip pocket inside.
The Dainty Daytripper bag sewing pattern is classified as an advanced beginner to intermediate level bag sewing pattern.
11″ wide by 13″ high by 5″ deep (28 cm by 33 cm by 12.5 cm).
What materials will I need for this bag?
A note about materials: at its thickest part you will be sewing through 6 layers plus 2 layers of foam stabiliser to form the bottom boxed corners. If you are using all faux leather / vinyl / cork, you may want to consider doing a swatch test before you begin.
- 1 1/4 yard (1m) Outer Fabric,
- 1 1/4 yard (1m) Lining Fabric,
- 18″x36″ (46cm x 92cm) Foam Stabiliser,
- 2 3/4 yd (2.5m) Medium Weight Interfacing.
- 2 x 1″ (2.5cm) D or triangle rings,
- 2 x 1″ (2.5cm) swivel clasps,
- 4 x Diamond Strap Anchors,
- 1 x pair Emmaline internal wire frames (Style A),
- 1 x 18″ (46cm) double or single zip for the top zip (size 5),
- 1 x 14″ (35.5cm) zip for the front pocket (size 3 or size 5),
- 1 x 9″ (23cm) zip for lining pocket (size 3),
- 2 x 1 1/4″ (3cm) triglide buckles/sliders (you can substitute these for 1″ (2.5cm) if needed),
- 1 x 5/8″ (18mm) Slim Magnetic Snap,
- 12 x 8mm double cap rivets.
- Double sided basting tape,
- Duct tape,
- A zip foot,
- A walking foot.
Where can I find the…?
- Internal wire frames: Sew Hot, or Emmaline Bags. Some bagmakers have made The Dainty Daytripper bag without the frame, and some have experimented with making their own bag frames using wire.
- Diamond strap anchors: Sew Hot, or Emmaline Bags. Some bagmakers have made this bag using fabric tabs and rectangular rings in place of the diamond strap anchors.
The Dainty Daytripper bag sewing pattern features easy-to-read comprehensive instructions, pritable pattern pieces, colour photographs and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs. This bag sewing pattern uses a set of Emmaline internal wire frames and the instructions guide you through how to use the frames. We would advise reading through your sewing pattern before you begin making your bag.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.