Here’s the beautiful Cumbria Tote Bag that comes in two different sizes.
The designer loves the two print exterior of these totes but she especially loves the inner zipper pocket divider, which is pretty handy. Of course, there’s an additional zipper pocket and a slip pocket for added convenience.
Don’t you love all the possibilities when it comes to combining fabrics together? The designer sometimes likes to use prints that match, while other times she prefers them to clash a bit.
The large bag can fit a ton, while the small bag makes a lovely everyday Tote Bag or it also works well as a Project Bag.
– A unique zipper pocket divider.
– An interior zipper pocket.
– An interior slip pocket.
– Two sizes.
Sizing info (wide on the bottom by tall by deep):
Small = 10” by 9” by 4”.
Large = 13” by 12” by 5”.
What is needed to make a SMALL Cumbria Tote Bag:
- One FQ (Fat Quarter) of fabric measures 18” tall by 21” wide,
- Fabric A (main exterior panel A + handles) – one FQ,
- Fabric B (main exterior panel B) – one FQ,
- Fabric C (lining) – 3/4 yard,
- Fabric D (pocket divider – exterior) – one FQ,
- Interfacing (Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700) – 2 yards,
- Nylon zipper 10” or longer – one (1),
- Nylon zipper – 6” or longer – one (1),
- Heavy-duty snap or Kam snap (optional) – two (2),
- Suggested fabrics = Fabric A and B – canvas, Essex linen, cotton/linen blend fabric, denim, medium weight home décor fabric. Fabric C and D – quilting cotton,
- Cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter,
- Wonder clips and/or pins,
- A zipper foot for your sewing machine,
- 90/14 or 100/16 needle for your sewing machine,
- A snap setting supplies/ tools,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
You will receive fourteen pages of clear, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and color photos to make this fantastic bag. Please note, this is a MEASURE AND CUT PATTERN meaning all pattern pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No printed templates are needed to make this bag!
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.