- Styled after a messenger bag,
- Zipper pocket on the flap, ideal for your phone or other items you need instantly accessible,
- Exterior back slip pocket with magnetic snap closure,
- Concealed zipper beneath the flap secures the bag’s contents,
- Additional exterior slip pocket beneath the flap,
- Lining pen pocket and slip pocket keep your belongings organized,
- Optional zipper pocket in the Lining,
- Adjustable strap to ensure the bag fits you exactly.
– 10″ height.
– 8″ width.
– 2″ depth.
A video sewalong is included with this pattern, and can be viewed now to see if this project is right for you. Check out the playlist below.
- Fabric I: 7/8 yard 44” quilt weight cotton, light weight canvas, or linen blend (Exterior Panel Front, Exterior Panel Back Top, Exterior Panel Back Bottom, Exterior Slip Pocket Bottom, Exterior Gusset Top, Exterior Gusset Side, D-Ring Connectors, Zipper Casings, Zipper Stop, Strap),
- Fabric II: 5/8 yard 44” quilt weight cotton (Exterior Slip Pocket Top, Flap, Zipper Tabs, Pen Pocket, Lining Slip Pocket),
- Fabric III: 1 yard 44” quilt weight cotton (Lining Panels, Exterior Slip Pocket Lining, Flap, Flap Pocket Upper/Lower Front, Flap Pocket Back, Lining Gusset, Optional Zipper Pocket, Optional Zipper Pocket Facing),
- 4 yards 20” Woven Interfacing such as Pellon SF 101 or similar woven interfacing,
- 3” x 6” piece of Ultra Firm Stabilizer such as 70F Pellon Peltex,
- Two magnetic Snaps,
- Two (3/4”) D-Rings,
- Two (3/4”) Swivel Hooks,
- One (3/4”) Slide,
- One (8”) #3 – #4.5 zipper,
- One (13”) #3 – #4.5 zipper,
- Optional zipper pocket – one (9”) #3 – #4.5 zipper,
- Eight Double-Capped Metal Rivets + tools for installation,
- Washable Fabric Marker,
- Liquid Fabric Sealant (such as Dritz Fray Check),
- Glue (such as Fabri-Tac or Glue Stick),
- Double-Sided Tape,
- Walking Foot attachment (recommended for domestic sewing machines).
The pdf pattern:
Completely updated in March 2022, a sew-along video series accompanies the step-by-step pattern instructions. Photos for each step fill the fourteen pages of tutorial-style directions. Printable pattern templates are included for both fabric and interfacing pieces. Additionally, dimensions are provided for square and rectangle pieces in order to use a rotary cutter and cutting mat. The designer includes fabric and interfacing pattern layouts, and labels to keep your prepared fabric pieces organized while you sew. A team of 15 testers vetted this pattern, testing varied methods and interfacings, editing, revising, and clarifying — ensuring your successful outcome. Whether you showcase a unique print on the flap or use solids for a minimalist feel, your creativity will find expression.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.