Create your own super handy tote bags in four sizes using this east tote bag pattern with video. The Small Tote is just the right size to be used as a child’s tote or a reusable gift bag. The Medium and Large sizes make wonderful shopping bags and everyday totes, and the X-large one can be used as a beach bag or a giant shopper.
(tall by wide on bottom by deep):
Small = 8 1/2” by 9” by 5”.
Medium = 11” by 11” by 6”.
Large = 13 1/2” by 13” by 7”.
X-Large = 16” by 15” by 8”.
FREE Video Tutorial:
The designer has recorded a FREE YouTube step-by-step video guide on how to make the medium-sized tote bag – the process is the same to sew this Chubby Tote Bag in other sizes. She has also made a FREE video on how to sew fabric handles for your bags (links to the videos are in the pdf pattern download). You can view each of the videos now by clicking play below:
Fabric A, B: Designer cotton canvas, duck canvas, denim, Essex linen, cotton/linen blend, or medium weight home décor fabrics are recommended. Waxed canvas or oilcloth could also be used for the exterior of the bag (no need to add fusible interfacing in that case).
Fabric C: Essex linen or medium-weight quilting cotton.
Materials needed: (fabric requirements are based on 42” wide fabric)
- Fabric A (exterior) – 1/2 yard (S,M, L) 1 ¼ yard (XL),
- Fabric B (lining) – 1/2 yard (S,M,L) 1 ¼ yard (XL),
- Fabric C (handles) – 1/8 yard (S,M,L,XL),
- *INTERFACING – 1 yard (S,M) 1 ¼ yard (L) 2 yards (XL),
- *use medium weight fusible interfacing, Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700 (you could also use Soft and Stable by Annie if you want your bag to be super sturdy and stand on its own),
- A cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter,
- Wonder clips and/or pins,
- Disappearing fabric pen or fine chalk pen,
- Fabric scissors,
- 90/14 needle for your sewing machine,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Please note, this is a MEASURE AND CUT PATTERN meaning all pattern pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No templates are needed to make this bag! You will receive 7 pages of clear, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and color photos to make this fantastic bag. Separate files are available for metric or imperial measurement (cm/inches).
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.