The Charley Slouchy Bucket Bag is a large tote that is designed without a lining, utilizing french seams and binding to secure any raw edges and to give it extra strength where it counts.
The Charley has two large side pockets that will easily hold a water bottle. Inside the bag is a zipper pocket. The single-layer design allows for additional design accents such as contrasting or coordinating thread and hardware.
This pattern is suitable for a domestic machine and is beginner-friendly.
The designer has included a full video tutorial as part of the pattern download, however, in the meantime you can view a 2-minute introduction video showing you the highlights of the bag that you can view below.
Material and hardware needed:
- Exterior material (1 yard) lightweight to mid-weight canvas [main bag and accents],
- Lining material (1/2 yard) cotton woven [binding/contrast],
- Interfacing (11″ by 8″) batting/Heat-N-Bond/Decovil Light [optional for a firmer base],
- 4mm cording (50″ length) [optional to use larger mm cording],
- One zipper, #5 size (7″ length),
- 8mm rivets [optional],
- One magnetic snap [optional],
- Double sided tape [optional],
- Zipper foot [optional but highly recommended].
Is easy to follow and features full-color photos to coordinate with the step-by-step instructions. Included with the purchase of this pattern are full pattern pieces and a video tutorial – with the link to the video provided in the pattern.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.