The Cassia Satchel is a multitasker’s dream with a functional design for optimum organization. It’s classic silhouette and signature details make this satchel a must for daily commutes and far-flung travels. The Cassia Satchel is crafted with designated pockets for your belongings and devices so you can grab and go!
• A central zippered compartment which opens to a sizable interior
• Two large main zippered compartments on either side
• Zippered back pocket
• Interior zipper pocket with vinyl/leather overlay
• Miscellaneous pockets for an organized bag
• Two types of strap options: Regular Straps and Rolled Handles
Keep your cellphone at arm’s reach in the interior slip pockets and credit cards and money securely in the interior zipper pockets. The Cassia Satchel’s large back zipper pocket can easily fit a small daily planner.
Finished Size: 14” long x 5” wide x 10” tall
Pattern includes 48 pages of concise step-by-step instructions with color photographs to help you through each step. The pattern also comprises printable pattern pieces. All pattern pieces include seam allowance. UPDATED – now includes an A0 copy shop or projector file. The instructions come as a short version for advanced users and long detailed version files.
Skill Level: Advanced
• 1 yard of at least 44” wide exterior fabric
• 1½ yards of at least 44” wide lining fabric
• 1 yard of contrast exterior fabric
• 2 yards of fusible medium weight woven interfacing*
• ½ yard of thin flexible foam/fleece interfacing
• ¼ yard of heavy weight stabilizer such as Decovil Heavy or Pellon® Peltex
• ¼ yard of light weight stabilizer such as Decovil Light or Cordura or similar
• Two 14” long #5 all-purpose zippers
• One 21” long #5 all-purpose zipper
• One 10” long #5 all-purpose zipper
• One 10” long #3 zipper for bag interior
• Four 1” rectangular rings
• Chicago screws or double cap rivets
• Hole punch and rivet setters
• 40” long piece of ½” wide cording/tubing if making Rolled Handles
• 2 ½ yards of ⅛” thick piping cord or pre-made piping (optional)
• Coordinating bag making thread such as bonded nylon/polyester thread
Measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional or fussy cutting of fabric where needed.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern.
If you want to see the basics of the Caisa Satchel then here is a one and a half minute vlog from Amita of SeWonders:
However, if you want to see a full-length (2 hours and 41 minutes) video tutorial of how to make the Cassia Satchel then here is one available from Seams Legit: