A flat zipper pouch in two sizes, ideal for sewing room storage, pens and pencils or small cosmetics.
Check out a preview of the Canterbury in this video
Features of the Canterbury Zipper Pouch pattern
* Feature binding on the zipper
* Bound edges
* Flat construction, no turning
* 2 sizes in the same pattern
* Full video sewing tutorial
* Printless pattern – no printed templates needed
Skill level: Confident beginner and above. Should be able to sew an accurate seam allowance and be confident sewing a neat straight line.
This pattern comes in two variations:
1 – written pattern only. Includes cutting chart, full written step by step instructions with photos.
2 – written pattern as above PLUS the full step by step sew-along video tutorial which is perfect for beginners.
Sewing video tutorial available
The sewing video is perfect for beginners and those who prefer a visual explanation. I take it really slow and go through everything that you would need to know. I assume that you are already competant with the basics of sewing, but everything in the sewing and construction is covered in detail so you won’t put a stitch wrong and will get the perfect result for your Canterbury Zipper Pouch pattern.
Skills covered in this video:
- Understanding the cutting chart
- Tips for sewing a 1/4 inch seam
- Sewing a trimmed zipper
- Truing the pieces
- How to sew binding to cover a raw edge
- How to turn corners when sewing binding
- Three different ways to finish the back of the binding