The Baguette Bag is the hottest handbag trend this year.
It is a very versatile shape for holding the larger glasses cases for your sunglasses and the regular items you like to carry daily. It is both fun and challenging to sew.
There are eleven pockets plus the main section of the bag, key strap with hook, zipper closure at top and on interior pocket, purse feet on the bottom to help keep it clean.
Bag Measurements: 12” wide by 7” high by 4” deep. By the pattern the strap is 38” long but can be adapted to any length you wish.
This is not a project for beginner sewists, please start with something simpler. This pattern is for more advanced sewists. You can watch the complimentary YouTube video tutorial to see if you would enjoy the process. There are sewing tips throughout. This is the 3rd in the designer’s Sewing Skills-Builder Set, again, meant for advanced sewists.
This is Part 3 of the designer’s Sewing Skills-Builder Set covering the following items:
• Sewing Terms,
• Adding slip pockets, zipper pockets,
• Making Credit Card Pockets,
• Using Specialty Zippers,
• Creating dropped zipper closure,
• Creating crossbody straps and using strap hardware,
• Choosing the right interfacing,
• Adding Lining to a Bag,
• How to use Piping,
• Sewing Specialty Materials-vinyl/ faux leather,
• Fabric Marking Notions,
• Using Rivets,
• No exposed seams,
• Adding a Key Strap.
Materials and other supplies needed:
- Exterior/Vinyl 1/3-yard 60” wide,
- Fusible Foam Stabilizer 2/3-yard 20” wide,
- Lining Fabric(cotton) 5/8-yard 44” wide,
- SF101 Interfacing, 1 ¼-yard 20” wide,
- Decovil Lite 1 1/3-yard 17” wide,
- 1” wide snap hooks and D-ring sets x2,
- 1” wide Strap Adjusters x2,
- Rivet and rivet setter,
- 1” wide swivel snap hook,
- 18” Grosgrain ribbon,
- 4 purse feet,
- 7” regular zipper;
- 13” separating zipper,
- Optional: double sticky leather tape, purchased Piping 1x.
The Betty Baguette Bag PDF sewing pattern is 35-pages of step-by-step directions, accompanied by color photos, diagrams or graphics, full-size pattern pieces, AND a YouTube video –that should cover all the learning styles to help you complete your bag. Once you do you will want to make more!
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper pattern. Please download immediately after check out.