You will love this petite, yet oh so stylish and easy to sew Betsy Bowler Bag. This crossbody bag features an exterior front slip pocket with flap closure, exterior back slip pocket, and interior zipper pocket. Betsy is a great everyday bag that holds all of your essentials.
The PDF sewing pattern is a rather quick sew and perfect for a confident beginner-intermediate sewist.
This pattern is domestic machine-friendly and can be sewn in all quilting cotton or a combination of quilt cotton, vinyl, or cork.
We know you will enjoy sewing up the Besty Bowler Bag just like the designer did and all of her pattern testers did.
- Front Slip Pocket with Flap Closure
- Back Exterior Slip Pocket
- Interior Zipper Pocket
- Adjustable Crossbody Strap
9″ (23 cm) high by 10.75″ (27 cm) wide by 4.25″ (11 cm) deep.
The designer, Sew Yours, has made a 6-minute YouTube video introducing the Betsy Bowler Bag, which you can watch below.
The designer has also produced a full-length 51-minute YouTube video showing you how to make the Betsy Bowler Bag, which you can watch below.
Brandy Jackson of Bean Bags and Handicrafts Co has also produced a full-length 37-minute YouTube video showing you how to make the Betsy Bowler Bag, which you can watch below.
- 1 yard (100 cm) approximately of exterior fabric,
- 1 yard (100 cm) approximately of lining fabric,
- 1-2 yards (100-200 cm) approximately of lightweight woven fusible interfacing (Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex or Sew Fuse). Woven interfacing is not required when using vinyl/cork/waterproof canvas,
- 1/2 yard (50 cm) approximately of Pellon Flex Foam Stabilizer FF78F1 or Decovil Light or two layers of Sew Fuse Plus,
- 1/4 yard (25 cm) approximately of Decovil Heavy 526 (optional, for the base of the bag and/or flap),
- One magnetic snap,
- One turn lock,
- 5-6 Rivets (or Chicago Screws)
• 6-7mm for thinner fabrics or
• 8-9mm for thicker fabrics
- 16″ #5 Zipper Tape and one Zipper Pull or 18″ Zipper (Main Closure),
- 8″ #5 or #5 Zipper Tape and one Zipper Pull or 10″ Zipper (Lining Pocket),
- Two 1″ (25 mm) O-Rings, D-Rings or Rectangle Rings,
- One 1″ (25 mm) Tri-Glide/Strap Slider,
- Two 1″ (25 mm) Strap Ends (optional),
- Four Purse Feet (optional),
- Two 1″ (25 mm) Swivel Clasps (optional),
- 2 1/4 yards (210 cm) approximately by 1/2″ wide (13 mm) Double Fold Bias Binding if not making your own,
- Rivet setter tool or rivet press,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes:
- Step by step written instructions with photographs,
- Video sewing tutorial via YouTube channel,
- Immediate pattern download at checkout.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.