The Belinda bag features an interesting bell-shaped body, a pieced front panel with piping, and a generous flap for lots of pretty hardware!
Zipped pockets on the inside and on the back help keep small items close at hand.
A graduated side panel and darts create fullness to the bottom.
The strap can be threaded through the flap grommets or attached with a gate ring for a little added bling!
Instructions included for 2 size options!
Small = 11″ (28 cm) by 9 1/2″ (24 cm) by 4″ (10 cm).
Large = 13″ (33 cm) by 11″ (28 cm) by 4 1/4″ (11 cm).
Strap length = 35 1/2″ (90 cm) long with a 17 1/4″ (44 cm) drop.
Advanced Intermediate (advanced because of installation of hardware, all the sewing is doable with an intermediate skill level)
Materials needed (see the pattern for full details):
- Exterior fabric for the front (right and left of center) and back. Suggested: quilting cotton, home decor fabric, faux leather, light to medium weight vinyl.
- Exterior Fabric for front-center, flap, strap, and side. Suggested: quilting cotton, home decor fabric, faux leather, light to medium weight vinyl.
- Lining fabric for the bag lining, flap interior, and interior and exterior pockets. Suggested: quilting cotton, light to medium weight home decor fabric.
- Foam Stabilizer.
- Piping – prepackaged OR Piping cord and contrast fabric for piping.
- One bag lock or closure hardware of choice for the flap closure.
- Two zippers- all-purpose or size of choice for exterior & interior pockets.
- Plastic Canvas – small piece to stabilize bag lock.
- Fusible web tape double-sided for installing zippers (optional).
- Zipper, cording, and walking feet (optional).
- PDF: 29 pages (10 pages of instructions, 17 pages of pattern sheets*, 2 pages of cutting labels),
- A thoroughly tested design given the thumbs up by my amazing test team,
- An online photo tutorial for installing the flap grommets,
- Metric and imperial measurements,
- Quality line drawings and concise, detailed instructions,
- Two rectangular pieces are cut based on dimensions instead of pattern pieces.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.