This is the Athena Pencil Case PDF sewing pattern that comes in two sizes (small and large).
- Two sizes.
- Create contrast with 2 different fabrics.
- Fully lined with no raw edges.
- Zipper closure.
Finished sizes (Height by Width by Length):
– Small = 0.4″ (1 cm) by 2.7″ (7 cm) by 8.2″ (21 cm).
– Large = 0.4″ (1 cm) by 4.7″ (12 cm) by 8.2″ (12 cm).
Beginner. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but the designer will help you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
Materials needed (see the pattern for full details):
- Exterior fabric. Recommended – Cotton, Cotton-Canvas, Waxed Canvas, Oil Cloth, Quilting Cotton, Upholstery/Curtain Fabric,
- Accent fabric. Recommended – Cotton, Cotton-Canvas, Waxed Canvas, Oil Cloth, Quilting Cotton, Upholstery/Curtain Fabric,
- Lining fabric. Recommended – Quilting Cotton, 2oz-4oz PU Coated Nylon Waterproof Fabric,
- Fusible interfacing. Recommended – Non-Woven = Vliseline H250 or Pellon 809. Woven = Pellon SF101, Vliseline G700.
- One #5 zipper. For a beginner sewer, the designer recommends nylon zips as they are easier to work with. She uses using silver/gold tone nylon zips which are easier and cheaper but give the illusion of metal zips,
- Leather zip pull (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
- Easy to follow step-by-step instructions with lots of colour photos to guide you along the way.
- Full-size, computer drawn patterns with seam allowances included.
- Includes both US letter size and A4 paper size.
- Dimensions in both Imperial and Metric.
- A detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
- Instructions are written in English.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.