Create your own beautiful Ashford Handbag using this easy-to-follow pattern. It features an easy-to-install, super handy zipper pocket in the lining as well as the main zipper closure to keep one’s items safely inside. Simplicity in design allows your feature fabrics to be the show stoppers for this purse.
There is an option to use leather straps, but if this isn’t for you, instructions are provided for adding fabric straps instead.
– Interior zipper pocket,
– Main zipper closure,
– Fabric tabs on each side of a zipper for a professional finish,
– Two options for the handles: leather or fabric.
11 ½” tall by 13” wide on the bottom by 4” deep, which makes it a fabulously roomy everyday handbag.
- Fabric A (main exterior) – 1/4 yard,
- Fabric (contrasting exterior bottom) – 1/4 yard,
- Fabric C (lining) – 3/4 yard,
- Fusible Fleece (Pellon TP971 or Vlieseline H640) – 1/2 yard,
- Interfacing (Pellon SF101 or Vlieseline G700) – 3/4 yard,
- One 10” long or longer standard #3 nylon zipper,
- One 18” long or longer bagmaking #4.5 or #5 nylon zipper,
- Two 3/4” wide x 29” leather strips for handles,
- Eight 8mm x 6mm rivets,
- Two zipper pulls (optional),
- Cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter,
- Wonder clips and/or pins,
- Disappearing fabric pen or a fine chalk pen,
- Fabric scissors + utility scissors,
- 90/14 needle for your sewing machine,
- Zipper foot for your sewing machine,
- Leather hole punch + rivet setting tool,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Exterior (Fabric A, Fabric B) – designer cotton canvas, Essex linen, cotton/linen blend fabric, or medium weight quilting cotton are recommended. Waxed canvas could also be used (no need to add fusible fleece in that case).
Lining (Fabric C) – quilting cotton.
Please note, this is a MEASURE AND CUT PATTERN meaning all pattern pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler. No templates are needed to make this bag!
You will receive twelve pages of clear, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and color photos to make this fantastic bag.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.