Amber is a must-have pattern. With one pattern you get three different looks.
You decide which flap you would like on your Amber Messenger bag. All three flap patterns and instructions are also included.
You can choose the faux leather woven flap, the flap with piping or you can showcase your favorite fabric or embroidery design on the curved flap. The possibilities are endless.
And best of all the lining is fitted and has a gathered/pleated pocket and a zipper pocket.
Believe it or not, this is a fairly quick and easy sew!
This bag can be made out of faux leather, cork, cotton or decorator fabrics. The woven flap has to be made from faux leather or cork but the rest of the bag can be made from fabric.
11 1/2″ wide by 10 1/2″ high by 2 1/2″ deep.
- 1/2 a yard of exterior fabric,
- 5/8 of a yard of lining fabric,
- 1-yard of woven medium weight fusible interfacing (SF101 or G700),
- 7/8 of a yard of foam stabilizer (Soft & Stable) or fusible fleece (#987F or H640),
- Two 1 ” Square Rings,
- One 7″ #3 Zipper,
- One Magnetic Snap,
- 8″ of 1/4“ Elastic,
- Four Rivets or Chicago Screws,
- 2-yards of 3mm cording or rope (for Piping for Flap 1),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This is a PDF pattern: 31 pages of step by step instructions with color photos and 20 pages of full-size pattern pieces for all 3 versions. Cutting from measurements (when possible) is also included.
The instructions include:
– how to make the faux leather weaving.
– how to make the faux leather piping.
– how to make a two-toned strap (in faux leather or fabric).
– how to sew your zipper pocket the professional way with no zipper tape showing.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.