This Tote Bag is not big but it is mighty! The designer designed it with knitting projects in mind but it is perfect as an everyday bag or for carrying any sort of craft with you wherever you need to go.
Features of the Albany Project Tote Bag:
- Strong webbing straps,
- Large front slip pocket,
- Inner zipper box pocket,
- Two inner slip pockets with sections for your craft materials or just pens and a phone.
Dimensions: 13″ long x 9 1/2″ wide x 3 1/2″ deep
Confident beginner to intermediate. The designer says “no really nasty surprises here but some knowledge is assumed”.
- ½ yard of canvas fabric,
- ½ yard of lining fabric to match or coordinate,
- ¾ yard of style-vil foam interfacing or similar,
- Fat eighth S320 fusible interfacing or similar,
- 1 yard of cotton piping cord for the handles. This just needs to be thick enough to fit into the webbing and leave a bit extra room on the webbing for stitching. Its main purpose is to fill out the part of the handle which is folded and stitched so the size is not critical. Have a rummage in your stash and see what you can use,
- Eight antique brass rivets,
- A rivet setting tool (or you can use the tools which come in the box with the rivets),
- One ½” antique brass snap for the front pocket,
- One antique brass magnetic snap for the main closure,
- Two ½” yards of 1 ½” wide webbing in a coordinating colour,
- One 7” plastic zipper for the box pocket in the lining,
- Coordinating threads for all fabrics and trims,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Contains 10 pages of detailed instructions plus colour photos to illustrate some of the steps. The pattern instructions give links to lots of additional tutorials and tips, for example, if you are new to zipper box pockets. Best of all, there are no templates needed. It is a cut and measure pattern and that means that you only need your rotary cutter, mat, a good ruler and the PDF pattern. There is no need for printing and sizing.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.