This beginner-friendly and scrap-friendly sewing pattern for a crossbody cell phone purse should be on everyone’s must-sew list.
It might only be small, but it’s packed with features and pockets. This mini crossbody purse has a convenient flap closure with magnetic snap (or plastic snap if you prefer), a front slip pocket for earbuds, and a back zipper pocket for coins, credit cards, or other small items. Wear it with the crossbody strap for a quick run to the store, or detach the strap and slip the whole thing into your pocket or purse.
Skill level: Confident beginner
4 1/2″ wide, 8″ tall, 3/4” deep (12 x 20 x 2 cm) – for phones up to 6.5″ tall and 3.5” wide. An ample size to fit the larger phones on the market, up to 6.5 inches tall.
- fabric: less than half a yard/meter of cotton altogether, in up to 4 different prints
- less than a fat quarter of fusible fleece
- 10″ x 8″ (26 x 20 cm) of light-to-medium-weight interfacing
- 56″ x 1″ (142.5 x 2.5 cm) of additional light-to-medium-weight interfacing for strap if quilting cotton weight is used for strap
- A 6″ (~15cm) or longer nylon coil zipper with 1″ width of zipper tape
- 1 small magnetic snap
- 2 D-rings, 2 swivel clasps + adjustable strap slider – 1/2” (13mm) inner width
5 pages of printable full-size pattern pieces, plus a cutting chart with dimensions if you don’t want to print the pattern. Detailed step by step instructions with more than 50 clear color photos. Packed full of tips to help you get the best results.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.