This is a Wall and Door Organizer to sew, ideal to hang from a door handle with bits and pieces, or to hang on the wall by the door to hold keys, mail, your phone etc. Hang it on the side of the fridge with all the handy bits and pieces you need in the kitchen such as your pen and shopping list.
This door organizer was originally designed as a ‘Fish Extender’. A Fish Extender is a group of pockets, on a piece of material that hangs from the metal “fish” that is outside your stateroom door on a Disney Cruise. The top portion is where you put your family name (because you will exchange first and last names, sex, and ages of everyone participating from your cabin) and each pocket will have their first names. Gift givers tuck in gifts for each person participating as often as every day, or once during the cruise, depending on which you select. It is like a secret Santa idea, except it can happen at ANY time of the year. Click HERE if you want to know more about what a Disney Cruise Fish Extender is.
The designer has added simple loops, deep pockets that also expand, and allowed more space between the pockets –all designed to hold more stuff! These elastic loops are perfect for holding pens, tubes, lollipops, and even a carabineer that will hold all the key chains, or mug handles, leaving more space inside the pockets! All the pockets are interfaced for strength and durability. It is flexible so it will be easy to pack.
You will learn about sewing with vinyl, installing grommets, and using trims. The designer suggests this pattern is suitable for a Confident Beginner sewer.
– 36″ long by 8″ wide.
– Expandable pockets are 8″ wide at the base, expanding to 9¼” at the top: 7¾” deep.
- Base Fabric: ¼ yard, 42-44″ wide,
- Focus Fabric: Fat Quarter 42-44″ wide, or ½ yard, 36″ wide,
- Clear Vinyl: remnant or ¼ yard, with tissue paper,
- Package of 1″ color-coordinated elastic,
- Package of color-coordinated Rick Rack.
- 29″ length of three coordinating ribbons,
- Three carabineers,
- One package double fold Seam Binding,
- Grommet Kit (with anvil and base),
- Bottle of Fray Check (seal ends of trims and around grommet if you want),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.