Itty Bitty Bowler Bag sewing pattern (with videos)
The Itty Bitty Bowler is ideal for those who want to travel light. This bag holds your bare necessities. Great for casual days out, running out to the store for a couple of things, meeting the gals for coffee, for theme parks, or going out to dinner. The Itty Bitty Bowler is also the perfect child-size bag. Make one as a gift for your daughter, granddaughter, or niece.
This pattern is domestic machine-friendly and can be sewn in all quilting cotton or a combination of quilt cotton, vinyl, or cork.
The Itty Bitty Bowler bag sewing pattern features:
– Front slip pocket with flap closure
– Back exterior zipper pocket
– 6 Credit card slots
– Slip pocket for cash
– Adjustable crossbody strap
Here’s an intro video to show you the bag – you’ll fall in love!
6.5″ (17 cm) high by 8″ (20 cm) wide by 2.5″ (6 cm) deep·
Video tutorials available:
There are two sewing video tutorials available for this bag. Check them out below to see if this bag is right for your skill level – and perhaps to learn a new sewing trick or two.
– Exterior fabric – 1/3 yard (35 cm) Approx. + 3″ wide (8 cm) by 55″ long (140 cm) for the crossbody strap.
– Lining fabric – 1 yard (100 cm) Approx.
– Interfacing – 1 yard (100 cm) Approx. Lightweight woven fusible interfacing (Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex or Sew Fuse).
– * Woven interfacing is not required when using vinyl/cork/waterproof canvas.
– Stabilizer – 1/4 yard (23 cm) Approx. Decovil Light or two layers of Sew Fuse Plus.
– 10.5″ (27cm) #5 zipper tape for zipper panel + (one Zipper Pull).
– 6″ (15 cm) #5 or #3 zipper tape for exterior back zipper pocket+ (one Zipper Pull).
– One Magnetic Snap.
– 3/4″ hardware (D-Rings, Swivel Snap Hooks, Strap Slider, Strap Ends (optional).
– 55″ (140 cm) approx. by 1/2″ wide (13 mm) Double Fold Bias Binding if not making your own.
The pattern includes:
– Step-by-step written instructions with photographs.
– Two Video sewing tutorials via YouTube channel.
– Immediate Pattern Download at Checkout.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.